Sweet Potato Soup
- 4-6 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 bulb of fennel with stalks
- 1 cup of pine nuts
- Cut the sweet potatoes in small pieces and put in a large pot.
- Fill pot with enough water to completely cover potatoes, plus about an inch over.
- Cook potatoes till soft and soupy. You can do this slowly on lower heat to keep "raw" or if you're in a hurry just boil till soft.
- Turn heat off and add ginger and cinnamon.
- Cut the fennel in bite sized pieces and add the "flowery" tops too.
- Let cool and garnish with pine nuts.
- This recipe can be frozen in glass bowls and reheated later.