Savory Gluten-Free Gravy
Savory Gluten-Free GravyFrom Beth Hillson, Living Without
- Pan juices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cupe gluten-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream.
- Collect juices from turkey and roasting pan.
- Cool and skim off fat.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté onion over low heat until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine and orange juice.
- Simmer until liquids are reduced by half.
- Add chicken broth and pan juices and simmer 6 minutes to reduce.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened.
- Add ¼ cup heavy cream.