Gluten-Free Cornbread StuffingBeth Hillson, Living Without
- 6-7 cups gluten-free corn bread (made ahead) cubes (1/2 inch)
- 4 links gluten-free sausage, simmered in hot water for 10 minutes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 apples, peeled and diced
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Lightly oil a 2-quart casserole dish or 9x13 inch pan.
- Spread cornbread cubes over a baking sheet and toast in oven for 10 minutes or until edges are dry.
- Rinse sausage in cold water.
- Remove skin and crumble sausage. Reserve.
- Heat olive oil and sauté onion, carrots and celery for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add garlic, apple and crumbled sausage and sauté another 2 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Add cornbread cubes and toss to coat with mixture.
- Pour broth over mixture.
- Add seasonings, as desired.
- Pack loosely into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.