Gluten-free Corn BreadAdapted from Dinosaur Bar B Que Grill
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar (Xylitol)
- 3/4 cup Pamela's Gluten-free Baking Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt,
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup whole milk, 1 teaspoon vinegar)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Set oven at 350.
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Keep warm in the oven.
- Mix the cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter in another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and give them a good stir, just til moistened.
- Pull the hot greased pan from the oven and pour in the batter.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- When done, take the corn bread out of the oven and brush the top with honey.
- Cool slightly before cutting into squares.
- Enjoy with butter and honey and your favorite chili!