Pumpkin Coconut Pie
Pumpkin Coconut PieFrom Beth Hillson, Living Without
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed (I use 1 c Xylitol with a teaspoon of molasses mixed in.)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 14 ounces coconut milk or 1-3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted, coarsely chopped
- Gluten-free pie crust- Prepared or made from scratch
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and spices.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, and coconut milk.
- Add pumpkin and beat well.
- Add sugar mixture to pumpkin mixture and beat to combine.
- Sprinkle all but 1 tablespoon flaked coconut over the bottom of the par-baked crust, if desired.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the pie shell.
- Place pie in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 350 and bake an additional 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove pie from oven and sprinkle remaining coconut over the top.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.