Molasses Ginger Cookies
Molasses Ginger CookiesFrom Kathrine Page
- 4 1/2 cups flour (substitute with Pamela's Gluten-Free Flour)
- 4 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- Set oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Set aside. In a large bowl beat shortening until soft.
- Gradually add the 2 cups of sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs and molasses; beat well.
- Add half the flour mixture; beat until combined.
- Stir remaining flour in with a wooden spoon.
- Using a scooper, shape dough into balls.
- Place on cookie sheet, then one at a time roll in raw sugar and return to cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Let stand before moving to a cooling rack.