Lemon Puff Pudding
Lemon Puff PuddingFrom Jane Barker
- 6 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 eggs, separated
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grate lemons first, then juice.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolks, beat well.
- Stir in lemon rind, juice, and milk. Add flour.
- In separate bowl, add salt to egg whites, beat until stiff.
- Fold whites into first mixture.
- Pour into a large buttered baking dish.
- Set dish in shallow pan of boiling water.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour or until lightly browned. Cool.
- (Pudding will fall slightly.) Enjoy with fresh blueberries or raspberries!