Coconut Chocolate Cubes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons dark chocolate powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4-5 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 chilled ice tray
- Melt the coconut oil slowly in a glass bowl sitting inside a pot of almost boiling water so that the water level is about half way up the bowl.
- Add vanilla and whisk or beat with a fork until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cinnamon and salt into the chocolate powder.
- Then add the dry ingredients into the warm bowl of coconut oil with vanilla, and whisk until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Mix in the shredded coconut last.
- Spoon the mixture into a chilled ice tray, filling each section about 3/4 full.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes, then put into the fridge for fifteen more.
- Pop out the cubes and enjoy a few, and then store the rest in a glass container in the fridge for a healthy, dessert-like treat anytime! As an option, stick an almond or walnut into the cubes before putting into the freezer.