El Torito's Enchilada Sauce-Gluten-Free version
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour, or Pamela's Making mix
- 1/4 cup red chile powder, mild
- 2 cups beef broth, fresh or canned
- 2 cups tomato puree, canned
- 1/2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add the flour to the oil and make a roux.
- Stir and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes until it becomes brown in color.
- Add the chile powder, beef broth, tomato puree, oregano, cumin, garlic, and salt to the roux and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Use for enchiladas, or any Mexican dish calling for enchilada sauce.