Cranberry Salsa Dip with Cream CheeseFrom Jane Collins
- 3 cups of fresh cranberries (1 bag) rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, minced (1/2 cup)
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded, minced (2 Tbsp), or 1/2 a 4 oz can of roasted jalapenos
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Rinse, drain, and pick over cranberries, discarding all that are too soft or bruised.
- Place them in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, but not mushy.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in the green onions, jalapenos, sugar, cilantro, ginger and lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow the flavors to blend and develop.
- If you taste immediately after mixing, you will find the flavors too sharp and tart.....it mellows and sweetens over time.
- Makes about 2 cups.
- One 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 box of Gluten-free rice crackers
- Spoon about one cup of salsa over the cream cheese and spread crackers around the plate.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro and a few cranberries for a festive look.
- Refrigerate any left over salsa........if there is any left! This does not keep more and a couple of days.