- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, crushed
- 1 teaspoon herbs de provence or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a container.
- If time is an issue, all ingredients except the oil can be combined ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator a few days.
- Add the oil right before using.
- Making your own marinade reduces exposure to hydrogenated oils and trans fats, preservatives, artificial flavorings and natural flavorings which could mean MSG.
To use for chicken:
- Remove skin and fat from chicken pieces.
- This reduces the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), a known carcinogen, when grilling.
- Place in the marinade container and coat well.
- Marinate at least 2 hours or longer.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place chicken on grill or broil.