Asian Ginger Dressing
Asian Ginger DressingFrom Vegetarian Times
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients except cornstarch and water.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, discard garlic.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into sauce.
- Simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Use as a dipping sauce for Spring Rolls.