Crispy Coconut Chicken Salad
Crispy Coconut Chicken SaladFrom the Coconut Diet Book by Cherie Colborn
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, finely shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry; cut into strips, and set aside.
- Mix shredded coconut and ground flax seeds together on a dinner plate.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, and dip the chicken strips in the beaten egg, then roll each chicken strip in the coconut-flax mixture.
- Melt coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Place chicken strips in hot oil; they should sizzle when placed in the pan.
- Saute over medium heat until crispy on the outside.
- Turn after about 2 minutes, or until completely opaque in the center.
- When done, remove chicken strips from pan and cool on paper towels.
- Serve over a bed of mixed greens with lemon vinaigrette.