Chia Millet Bread
Chia Millet BreadAdapted from Good Housekeeping Magazine
- 1 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 2 Tablespoon Arrowroot
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup chia seed flour, or almond flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon guar gum or Chia seed gel— (9 parts water to 1 part seeds set for 15 minutes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 1 cup water, warm or as needed
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Proof yeast using 1/2 c warm water plus 1 T honey. Set aside.
- Grease an 8x4 loaf pan.
- Combine flours, arrowroot, potato starch, xantham and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix eggs, oil vinegar and remaining agave.
- Add remaining water to dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and yeast mixture to dry ingredients.
- Use either stand mixer or hand mixer on low to combine then raise to medium for 4 minutes.
- Turn dough into prepared pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise till either doubled in bulk or within 1/4 inch from top of pan.
- Should be between 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 when bread has risen to 3/4 inch from top of pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes covering with foil after 20 minutes.
- I get best results at 60 minutes with my oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 20 minutes before cutting.