Braised Salmon with LeeksFrom Chef Cindy's Cards
- 2 medium leeks, cut lengthwise
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. fresh chopped tarragon
- 1 1/2 lbs "Wild" salmon fillet, cut into 8 pieces, skin and bones removed
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Brown Rice
- chicken stock
- Chopped Carrots: chopped
- Chopped Celery: chopped
- Onions: chopped
- Mushrooms: sliced
- Cut off green tops of leeks and remove outer tough leaves.
- Cut off root and cut leeks in half lengthwise.
- Fan out the leeks and rinse well under running water.
- Cut leeks into very thin strips (chiffonade cut) Sauté leeks over medium heat in broth for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add lemon juice and simmer for another 5 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally.
- Rub salmon with fresh lemon juice, salt and white pepper.
- Stir fresh tarragon, salt, and pepper into leeks, and place salmon on top of leeks.
- Simmer for about 3-4 minutes, covered, or until salmon is pink inside.
- Serve leeks topped with salmon and drizzle with juice.
- Saute carrots, celery and mushrooms in medium saucepan.
- Add chicken stock and brown rice. Cook until tender.