Baby Pumpkins with Maple and Cinnamon
Baby Pumpkins with Maple and CinnamonFrom Alison Anton
- 1 baby pumpkin per person
- 1 teaspoon melted butter per pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup per pumpkin
- Dash cinnamon and fresh nutmeg per pumpkin
- Place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cutting 1-2 inches around the stem, cut a "lid" for each pumpkin.
- Scoop out the seeds from the body and lids of the pumpkins.
- Place the lids back onto the pumpkins and set the pumpkins onto a large sheet pan.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, depending upon the size of the pumpkins.
- They are done when tender to the touch. Let cool on the rack for 5 minutes.
- Gently transfer the pumpkins to a decorative platter. Drizzle the melted butter and maple syrup around the insides of the pumpkins. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and nutmeg. Close the lids and serve warm.