From Pam Johnson
- 1/2 pound turkey sausage
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium gold or red potatoes, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- 5 large eggs
- 7 large egg whites
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 4 ounces (1 1/4 cups) sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 ounces (1 cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 4-ounce cans green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup Gluten free baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place oven rack in top third of oven and preheat to 350 degreees. Lightly oil a 9×13 inch baking dish. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Transfer to a paper towel to drain, blotting the top with a second paper towel.
Wipe the skillet clean and add oil, heat over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and saute until tender and browned, 10-12 minutes. Reduce heat if potatoes are becoming too dark. Let cool slightly.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and whites. Add cottage, Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, chilies, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper and whisk to mix thoroughly. Add the cooked sausage, crumbling up any large pieces, and the potatoes; mix well. Pour into the prepared dish. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden on top and set in the center.