- 1 bunch carrots, sliced thinly lengthwise 2 inches
- 1 pound of beets, cut into thick strips
- 1 leek, cut in half lengthwise and shredded
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon and 1 mandarin
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, lemon juice, zest, honey, olive oil, sage, and salt and pepper. Put the carrots and leeks in one baking dish and pour half the glaze over them. Put the beets in another dish and pour the rest of the glaze over them. Stir to cover with glaze.
Cover both dishes with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the foil, brush the veggies with the glaze again, and bake until lightly browned and tender, 20-30 minutes. To serve, combine the vegetables and serve alongside the main course or on a bed of greens with goat cheese.