- 8 oz. turkey sausage
- 8 oz portabella mushrooms sliced
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Seasoning salt, ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 oz Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 8 oz Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup raw broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped scallions, green and white part
Brown sausage 5 minutes in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute about 4 minutes; season with black pepper. Remove from heat. Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Toast the bread; spread with butter and sprinkle with seasoning salt. Cut into strips and line bottom of pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine milk and Ricotta cheese. Whisk in flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs one at a time and whisk until mixed well. Stir in sausage and mushrooms, cheeses, broccoli, and green onions. Pour into prepared pan, cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 350. Bake uncovered for about 60 minutes until set and center only slightly jiggles. Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8, 10oz servings.