From Della Garcia
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1 whole onion, chopped fine
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 5-6 large carrots, cut into small pieces
- 1 package of mushrooms, sliced
- large handful of green beans, cut into bite size
- 4 zucchinis, chopped into bite size
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite size
Seasonings: choose any or all
basil, thyme, bay leaves, sea salt
Using a soup pot, saute garlic, onion and tomatoes with 2 tablespooons olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add enough water till pot is about 3/4 full; bring to boil. Add carrots, green beans and seasonings. Cover and cook about 10 minutes on medium high heat.
Lower heat and add remaining vegetables. Cover and cook another 20 minutes, until veggies are slightly tender.
Variations: Add a whole bottle of Very Veggie Juice, northern beans, or brown rice instead of potatoes. Add the beans and/or rice at the last minute. Garnish with green onions, cilantro, or sour cream.