- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 can white beans, or prepared dried white beans
- 1 cup fresh white corn, cut off the cob, or frozen
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons jalepeno slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded jack or cheddar cheese
- Chopped avocado, cheese, and green onion for garnish
- Corn tortillas
- In a large pot, saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Add turkey, stirring until browned.
- Add oregano, cumin, beans, corn, broth, salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes until it reduces and thickens a bit.
- Taste to correct for salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with a bit of cheese and avocado, corn tortillas, or green onion.