Spinach Salad with Apple and Roasted Walnuts
Spinach Salad with Apple and Roasted WalnutsAdapted from Leo Galland, M.D. The Fat Resistance Diet
- 3 cups Baby Spinach (pre-washed bagged spinach will do)
- 1 hardboiled egg
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- 8 walnut halves
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Spread walnuts on a baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove nuts from oven and let cool.
- Empty spinach in a bowl and spread apple and walnuts over spinach.
- Cut the egg in quarters and place on top of salad.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- For dressing, drizzle walnut oil and lime juice over salad.