Pumpkin StuffingAdapted from Rachel Ray
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Dash pepper, thyme
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 apples (Fuji or Pippin), diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 or 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 day-old gluten-free pumpkin muffins-made from scratch substituting wheat flour with Brown Rice flour.
- Melt butter in skillet; add onions, celery, and apples
- Cook until slightly tender.
- Add bay leaf and crumbled pumpkin muffins. Mix up.
- Add 3/4 cup of broth. Stir well.
- Season with pepper and thyme.
- Stir in pecans and dried fruit.
- Take out Bay Leaf and transfer stuffing mix to a buttered baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees until lightly browned on top. Serve with turkey.