Green Pea, Carrot & Mozzarella Salad
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese cubed
- 1 TBS plain yogurt
- 2 TBS 1 tsp buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Steam carrots and peas (if fresh) for 3 minutes in a small saucepan with a bit of water and tight-fitting lid.
- Place the carrots and peas (drained-if from frozen) in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add celery and cheese, toss well.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spoon over the salad and toss well.
- This will keep well in the refrigerator for several days.