Green Bean Casserole- Gluten-Free
Green Bean Casserole- Gluten-FreeFrom Jules Shepard
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1/3 cup all purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt,
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free all purpose flour blend
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups gluten-free cream of mushroom soup
- To make "fried" onions, preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Combine onion slices, 1/3 cup flour blend and salt in a large bowl, tossing until onions are evenly coated.
- Pour out onto prepared baking sheet, separating onion rings.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown, tossing one or two times.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- To make the casserole, turn oven temperature down to 400 degrees.
- Boil beans in lightly salted water for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
- Toss in sliced mushrooms and pepper and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add spices and flour, stirring to coat.
- Cook an additional minute and add sour cream and soup.
- Reduce heat to medium -low and cook while mixture thickens, about 5-8 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in half the "fried" onions and the drained beans.
- Pour mixture into a large casserole and cook in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle remaining prepared onions on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes.