From Living Without Gluten
- 1/2 pound gluten-free pasta
- 1 cup grilled, roasted, or steamed asparagus cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, not marinated, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch chopped arugula
- Zest of fresh lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, or 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh tarragon
- Cook 1/2 pound gluten-free pasta in boiling salted water according to manufacturer’s directions, being careful not to overcook. Test the pasta a few minutes before the recommended cooking time to ensure a good result. After cooking the pasta, rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well and toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together all ingredients except the oil. Drizzle oil into vinaigrette mixture while continuing to whisk until dressing begins to emulsify and thicken. Add remaining oil and blend thoroughly. Set aside.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients and fold them into cooled pasta. Drizzle vinaigrette over pasta. Toss gently until salad is lightly coated with dressing. Serve cold, or at room temperature.