- 4-6 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1 whole onion, chopped fine
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 5-6 large carrots, cut into small pieces
- 1 package of mushrooms, sliced
- large handful of green beans, cut into bite size
- 4 zucchinis, chopped into bite size
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite size
- Seasonings: choose any or all
- basil, thyme, bay leaves, sea salt
- Using a soup pot, saute garlic, onion and tomatoes with 2 tablespooons olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add enough water till pot is about 3/4 full; bring to boil.
- Add carrots, green beans and seasonings.
- Cover and cook about 10 minutes on medium high heat.
- Lower heat and add remaining vegetables.
- Cover and cook another 20 minutes, until veggies are slightly tender.
- Variations: Add a whole bottle of Very Veggie Juice, northern beans, or brown rice instead of potatoes.
- Add the beans and/or rice at the last minute.
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro, or sour cream.