Homemade Almond Milk
Homemade Almond MilkFrom Living Light Culinary Arts Institute
- 1 cup whole, raw almonds soaked 8-12 hours, drained, and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 pitted dates soaked (Medjool brand is best)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (alcohol free is best)
- Place 1 1/2 cups of the water and the almonds, dates, and vanilla in a blender.
- Blend on high speed until very smooth. Add the remaining 1 cup water and blend until smooth.
- To separate the milk from the almond skins, and pulp, squeeze the blended mixture through a double layer of cheesecloth or through a sprout bag.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. Store in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- This can be used as a base for smoothies or cereal.