Carrots and Beets with Citrus-Sage Glaze
- 1 bunch carrots, sliced thinly lengthwise 2 inches
- 1 pound of beets, cut into thick strips
- 1 leek, cut in half lengthwise and shredded
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon and 1 mandarin
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, lemon juice, zest, honey, olive oil, sage, and salt and pepper.
- Put the carrots and leeks in one baking dish and pour half the glaze over them.
- Put the beets in another dish and pour the rest of the glaze over them.
- Stir to cover with glaze.
- Cover both dishes with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the foil, brush the veggies with the glaze again, and bake until lightly browned and tender, 20-30 minutes.
- To serve, combine the vegetables and serve alongside the main course or on a bed of greens with goat cheese.