- 8 oz. turkey sausage
- 8 oz portabella mushrooms sliced
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Seasoning salt, ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 oz Ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt,
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 8 oz Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup raw broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped scallions, green and white part
- Brown sausage 5 minutes in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute about 4 minutes; season with black pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toast the bread; spread with butter and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Cut into strips and line bottom of pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk and Ricotta cheese.
- Whisk in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time and whisk until mixed well.
- Stir in sausage and mushrooms, cheeses, broccoli, and green onions.
- Pour into prepared pan, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake uncovered for about 60 minutes until set and center only slightly jiggles.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.