- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 can white beans, or prepared dried white beans
- 1 cup fresh white corn, cut off the cob, or frozen
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons jalepeno slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded jack or cheddar cheese
- Chopped avocado, cheese, and green onion for garnish
- Corn tortillas
In a large pot, saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until soft and translucent. Add turkey, stirring until browned. Add oregano, cumin, beans, corn, broth, salt and pepper. Stir well.
Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes until it reduces and thickens a bit. Taste to correct for salt and pepper. Serve topped with a bit of cheese and avocado, corn tortillas, or green onion.