From Jane Collins
- 3 cups of fresh cranberries (1 bag) rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, minced (1/2 cup)
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded, minced (2 Tbsp), or 1/2 a 4 oz can of roasted jalapenos
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Rinse, drain, and pick over cranberries, discarding all that are too soft or bruised. Place them in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, but not mushy. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the green onions, jalapenos, sugar, cilantro, ginger and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow the flavors to blend and develop. If you taste immediately after mixing, you will find the flavors too sharp and tart…..it mellows and sweetens over time. Makes about 2 cups.
- One 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 box of Gluten-free rice crackers
Spoon about one cup of salsa over the cream cheese and spread crackers around the plate. Garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro and a few cranberries for a festive look. Refrigerate any left over salsa……..if there is any left! This does not keep more and a couple of days.